VOLUNTEER POSITION DESCRIPTION
Reports To: Coordinator/Team Leader
Location: Finding Yellow – Cessnock/Maitland
Background checks: Criminal Record Check/Working with Children
Finding Yellow is a small community based not-for-profit organisation offering a full range of services, from accommodation to social outings and holidays, right through to teaching life skills and supporting employment. Finding Yellow’s mission is to work in partnership with people with disabilities to live their dreams.
Underpinning all FY activities is a commitment to:
- Making a difference - empowering people to change their lives
- Valuing people - respecting individuality and diversity among staff, clients and volunteers
- Access and equity - our services are based on fair treatment and freedom from discrimination
- Partnership - working collaboratively with others in Finding Yellow and in the community
- Professionalism and ethical practice - high quality services that are delivered professionally and with integrity
- Sustainability - being an adaptable organisation that has a long-term positive impact on society.
This position exists to compliment the work of a small cohesive team of Disability Support Workers and administration staff.
- Provide appropriate support to people with disabilities enabling a positive lifestyle as a respected member of their local community;
- Work together as a team to build on the unique strengths and needs of each person
- Contribute positively to the culture and values of the organisation as a volunteer worker;
- Clients / Families
- Residential Support Workers
- Service Manager
- Board of Directors
- Community networks
- Other external service providers
- Sense of humour
- Commitment to participate in orientation and ongoing training as directed
- Reliable and flexible
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to follow directions
- Knowledge and understanding of Work Health and Safety
- Patience, understanding and tolerance
- Enjoy working 1:1 or with a diverse group
- Abide by the organisation’s code of conduct
- If using own car, must hold a current drivers licence and car insurance. (all staff are reimbursed for out of pocket expenses including use of own car)
- Referee checks – two referee names and contact numbers to be provided.